Why we need bootable Flash disk or Hard disk? It is really useful when you want to install lot of PC or Notebook efficiently. Some notebook event doesn’t have CD or DVD room, using external DVD portable would make you spend lot of money to buy it. Flash disk is cheaper than external DVD portable. If you use DVD it would scratch the disc and would not have long lifetime.
This method could be used to install windows Operating System such as windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows 8 with Hard Disk or Flash disk. In this tutorial I would like to make bootable Flashdisk that contain Windows 8 pro installer.
- Prepare at least 4 GB free storage device because windows 8 pro itself spend at least 3, 82 GB. (If you use Flash disk I recommend to use 8 GB flash disk or more. With this method you can still use the Flash disk with any other files as usual).
- Insert Flash disk to your USB port at your PC or Notebook. That has windows operating system in it. Back up your data in your Flash Disk if you have important data, I recommend to make your Flash Disk empty first. Because it will be formatted with this method.
Open Command Prompt. It is easier by pressing windows logo button and press button R at the same time on your keyboard.
(Windows + R).
- In the Command Prompt window, type “DISKPART” and then press “ENTER”. Don’t worry in command prompt it is not case sensitive it’s up to you to use lower case or upper case.
- Type “LIST DISK” and then Press “ENTER”. Remember to type “LIST DISK” with space between List and Disk.
Type this command in order and press enter every line.
- SELECT DISK 1
- CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY
- SELECT PARTITION 1
- FORMAT FS=NTFS
Click the flashdisk and this is the massage box will appear, choose format disk.
- Insert the Windows 8 installer, it could be DVD of Windows 8 or if you have the windows8.iso (image or NRG) files you can mount it now. I recommend to use daemon tools to mount the image of the disc. Click this link to know how to make iso or nrg files.
- Run Command Prompt as Administrator. Type the directory of the disk that contain windows 8. For the example if directory is F, type " F: " and then press enter. Type CD BOOT press enter, Type again BOOTSECT.EXE/NT60:
- copy all the file inside the disc windows 8 into the flashdisk
- Now you can use it as the Installer of windows 8 operating system. just manage the boot priority or choose the boot option in BIOS ( by presing F2 or F12, etc depend on the type of your device in the very early start of your devices. if you are already using windows 8, you have to turn off the turn on fast first, to make you be able to manage the BIOS of your devices). thank you very much for reading this tips.